July 5, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Well... This summer has been interesting. First of all, I can't freaking believe it's July already. WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO?! Second of all, even though it makes me real nervous, I'm just going to pull the trigger and move. I'll find a dinky little job til I get all my stuff in order and I'll figure it out.

I have to say, my life so far has been pretty cushy. I've never wanted for anything, always been supported and had a lot of guidance. For that I will be forever grateful because I seriously probably would have gotten lost in a corn maze in all the stresses of school etc. People tell me I don't give myself enough credit because I'm smart or something, but seriously, a person is only as successful as their support system, and I am so glad that I've had one of the best a girl could wish for.

I've been searching the internet for apartments, and it is a freaking nightmare. So overwhelming, especially with no job prospects at the current moment. Because of this fact, I have decided to fly by the seat of my pants, go balls to the wall and take the plunge when moving to the Big Apple. Any more one-liners? Anyone? Bueller? But seriously, I have no plans. I've talked to my cousin about crashing with him for a couple of months helping with rent and food and such. We'll see. I'm kind of excited/terrified.

I know this is probably boring since I keep going back and forth, but moving to another state in a new city is a big effin' deal and I want to be sure that's what I want. It really, really is.

In other news, one of my best friends in the whole wide world is getting married in less than two weeks, and it's going to be such a blast. I'm so, so happy that she's found a top-notch fellow to spend the rest of her life with. We had a pretty legitimate bachelorette party this weekend down on the Plaza, drank lots of vino and played dirty games. No strippers, but there were penis straws. It was fabulous and classy.

I think that's all for the current moment. Until next time!

No comments: