June 24, 2011

Confused but Wishful...



Well, I'm back to square one about jobs etc. My goal in life is to move to NYC, as I've said a bajillion times. I still want to pursue that dream with all the fervor I've ever had, but, being the over-calculating, sometimes-too-thoughtful nerdburger I am, I keep going back and forth. One of my instructors, who works at KU, said that she would put in a good word for me if I wanted a job there, which would go a long way. And in thinking about it a little more, it wouldn't be such a terrible idea. I really do like the hospital, and it fits a lot of my criteria for a job: teaching hospital, young employee population, residency programs etc. I am also a balls-to-the-wall individual, though, and part of me keeps saying "just MOVE. it's what you want anyway!!"




Sometimes I get so confused. Not all "emo" confused, ew, ew, ew, no. I mean legitimately confused. Like, weighing all my options, pros and cons list confused. If I have never mentioned this before, I'll mention it again: BEING A GROWN-UP BLOWS. There, I said it. And no, it doesn't make me feel better, I've just reiterated the fact. Boooooooo.

In other news, I have recently jacked a lot of new music from the cousins, and if you have not heard John Mayer's album Battle Studies, or Adele's 21, clearly you live under a rock and need to GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF and LISTEN!! Beautiful music. Soothes mah soul.

Well... that's all folks! Until next time.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I do love you so very much and I agree---being a grown up blows the big one! Also---this letter will never get to you, I keep losing it and finding it and it has your old address written on it, so you're once again going to have to text me your new address or the current one you are at for the summer.

LUH-HUV YOU! that's love with a lot of emphasis!