March 1, 2011

It's a Liz Lemon kind of life...


Blerg. These past few weeks have FLOWN by, and I have definitely experienced some new things and new feelings about my future RN status.

First off, it's going to be super weird being out of school in like... 10 weeks. WHAT?! B. I got my NCLEX packet yesterday, which means I need to start studying more. LICENSING EXAMS MAKE ME SO NERVOUS!! 3. I am feeling a little iffy about where I'll be working. I super extra really really want to be in New York, but as you all know, the cost of living there is ridiculous, and I would really like to find a job quick so that I'm not eating Ramen and tuna for the first three months I live there. I may have to find a job doing something else until I can get a job as a nurse, and that's even scarier because I have no idea what my budget will be.

I've applied for about 10 jobs, and gotten turned down for about 5. I've put in applications at the hospital I'm doing practicum at, and haven't heard anything, so maybe I'll just peek my face in the manager's office and show her my moves. It would be nice if someone said "Oh, yeah, we could hire you even though you don't have the mandatory one year of experience." Seriously, how am I supposed to get experience if no one will give me experience?! BAH!

So, so stressful. BUTT: I was talking to the lovely Rachel last night and she suggested that I document my experience as a nursing student, and as that is nearly over, I have decided to VLOG my first year as a graduated college student. I think it will be fun, and maybe some indie film maker will be like "BY GEORGE THIS IS SUNDANCE MATERIAL!" and then I can win like 21057923 academy awards and be famous and not HAVE to worry about being a nurse anymore. I can just be pretty.

Welp, here's to hoping the job search goes better, and that I can hang on til graduation.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

for real. do it :)