September 14, 2012

Happy as a Pig in...

Well, I am sitting here in my Rat Cave. That's what I've been calling it. Not with any love, mind you.

SO... I havent written anything in quite some time, so I figured that since I am sitting in my living room covered with boxes, QuickMix-ing it up on Pandora, I had a little time to reflect, because seriously: packing is just ruinous to one's happiness.

So my current apartment on Holly Street in Kansas City is an absolute bust. I love the apartment, and I would have stayed, except there are rats. Yes. Rats. Large, pooping, pink-tailed, disease-ridden vermin. Running around in my house. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it. I won't get into all the gory details, but basically I have backed my property manager into a corner, and won't be paying any fees to leave this dump. Thank GOD. And now, I get to move downtown! Woo!

I hired a moving company to get all my shit from A to B, which, will be a little pricey, but SO WORTH IT. And I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it. I feel bad asking people to help me move, especially when I moved not two months ago. Oy.

I will be moving downtown, and I have decided to get a cat. I consider myself a dog person, however, I just love animals in general, and there are plenty of kitties out there that need homes and love, and I am not prepared for the amount of energy it takes to make a dog happy, and I am certainly  not willing to keep a dog closed up in a cage the entire time I'm at work. That's just mean. When I have a house and a yard (someday...), I'll get a dog. Maybe. I just need a snuggler. Because sometimes you just need a good snug.

Lots of things are changing! I started working at KUMed, which was one of the best decisions I could have made. I love everything about my job. Some days I get frustrated but don't we all? I feel like I have way more purpose than I did at LMH, and I am definitely getting much more involved here than there. I'm on the Practice Council, which is really cool. Being able to make decisions that positively affect the patients are really fun! Not to say that LMH was bad, because it was completely the opposite. I think it was a perfect way to start my career. I learned a lot, and got the basics down, and now that I'm at KU, I feel completely prepared for a challenge.

For example: I had my first code last week. It was extremely scary, but I proved to myself that I can handle myself in an emergency without falling apart, and it was made extremely clear that my coworkers are freaking amazing and I definitely would not have survived without them. It's so nice to be making permanent friends at work. I can certainly say I am a happy camper; very grateful.

As for the rest of the world and its happenings, I cannot wait until election season is over. It gets worse every day: the mudslinging and lies. On both sides. Absolutely disgusting and makes me want to up and move to somewhere else... where I would encounter the same problems. Politics are just ridiculous, and I absolutely despise them. Why can't we all just get along?

So screw the debates and candidacies. Do what you think is right and at the end of the day, that's all you really can do. People will judge you for the decisions you make, but you can't make everyone happy, so you might as well make peace with that and keep chugging along. Be thankful for what you have, never forget where you come from, and do good.
Don't be concerned with winning or losing or getting ahead or falling behind. Just do good.

No comments: